David's Israel Adventure

This blog will chronicle the adventures of me, David Weinfeld, as an Otzma fellow in Israel, from August 21st, 2005 to May 29th, 2006. I hope this is as exciting for you as it is for me (though that would be a tad bizarre, now wouldn't it?).

Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Great Souvlaki Controversy

Merry Christmas to my few but loyal Christian readers (I hope that I have a few, loyal Christian readers but I cannot be certain). I am in Patras, Greece now. I must alert you all to a recent discovery. Apparently, what I thought were Souvlaki, and indeed, what the man at Savvas and elsewhere had told me were souvlaki, are in fact Gyros. Gyros are like Schwarma, the meat is sliced off the rotating upright spit. Souvlaki, as I should have realized from my experiences in Montreal, are the chunks of meat, either chicken or pork. So I had another souvlaki yesterday, and a Gyro (chicken and pork respectively). My combined total of souvlaki and gyros is now 5, though only one of those was actually souvlaki. So I think I'm going to go with the combined total, cuz they all came in a pita and had tzatziki. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? I'm hesitant to use another asterisk.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never quite sure what the difference between souvlakis and gyros were when I was in Greece. I figured they were just two names for the same thing. It's a shame they don't put french fries in them here though. It felt like a whole meal when there were fries in it. Anyway, I think it's best that you clump them together and do the count that way. In my mind, if there's no hummus, it's more or less a souvlaki.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Actually, some places in Greece do put fries in them. Which is really great I agree.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on davidonotzma.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research displays that almost 70% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home