David's Israel Adventure

This blog will chronicle the adventures of me, David Weinfeld, as an Otzma fellow in Israel, from August 21st, 2005 to May 29th, 2006. I hope this is as exciting for you as it is for me (though that would be a tad bizarre, now wouldn't it?).

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How Greek It Is

So we're going to Greece. Josh, Brian, Brent and I depart for Athens on December 21st. We'll be there a week. We hear Athens is a shithole so we want to explore as much as possible. This means ruins. We also want to hit one of the more interesting islands: not Corfu, the Cancun of Europe, but more like Crete. On a personal note, I want to go to Crete not only because of the Minoan ruins (Daedalus' maze and all that jazz) but to see the ancestral homeland of Tony Koulakis, Man of Grease and owner and creator of Montreal's Cosmo's restaurant. Then, when I return to Cosmo's in June, Tony's loud but raspy "Hello Boyss," will be even that much more meaningful and the potatoes will taste better too, I'm sure.

Anyways, please send me ideas for stuff to do as we want to have somewhat of an itinerary before we go (yes, I did use the word itinerary).

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another reason to go to Crete: catch up on your linear A and linear B as immortalized by Hatsofchicken (aka Professor Hatzopoulous). "You are all my children".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home