David's Israel Adventure

This blog will chronicle the adventures of me, David Weinfeld, as an Otzma fellow in Israel, from August 21st, 2005 to May 29th, 2006. I hope this is as exciting for you as it is for me (though that would be a tad bizarre, now wouldn't it?).

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What should I bring?

So I'm having trouble figuring out what I should bring on this trip to Israel. I know the Holy Land is a first world country that worships modern technology, along with all the latest fashions, but I also know that things are damn expensive, somewhere along the lines of European prices. So I'm not sure how much I want to bring in terms of clothing, cosmetics and everything else. Everyone keeps telling me that in Israel, nobody has any formal-wear, that the country is very laid back and casual. This surprises me, because the Israelis I know from home are often immaculately dressed. An interesting paradox.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should bring Gold Baum, or whatever that powder was called that was lying around your room for several years. You'll probably need it for the sweltering heat.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should bring me. And I am offended a plane ticket, along with a pre-packed suitcase, has not yet arrived at my doorstep. Of course, on that suitcase, it would read in great big orange block letters, "COME TO ISRAEL WITH ME YOU NON-ISRAELI BASTARD"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home